Quantcast

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

N'Awlins


This weekend my very dear friend Whitney is having her bachelorette party and, bless her sweet sweet soul, she chose one of my most favorite destinations on earth: New Orleans. I already know I’ll be bouncing in my seat, 3 (maybe 5) vodka/cranberries deep with my face smashed against the window as we hover over the swamplands in preparation for our landing. There is something about crossing Lake Pontchartrain – whether by car or by plane – that makes me a feel as if I’m indestructible…which is actually a huge oxymoron because the only activities I take to in N’Awlins are those of complete self-destruction. As I arrive at Louis Armstrong International Airport – morals and liver hanging on by a thread – I know that it will be a matter of hours..no, minutes…STRIKE THAT, milliseconds before friends and I are flying down the highway to hell better known as I-10 East into New Orleans. Oh the charming streets of the French Quarter are alive as you read these words. They call New York the city that never sleeps but all my bets are on New Orleans. My Jane Doe VIP Card to Larry Flynt’s Barely Legal Club hasn’t been swiped in months! Larry Flynt will start walking when he sees the slew of women I show up with: Katy Perry, Britney Spears, Shakira, Alanis Morisette, Lady Gaga, Nicki Minaj, Madonna—they’ll all be there because…THAT’S HOW I ROLL! Well, kind of. We’ll be dressing up as our favorite pop stars on Saturday night so… Ok now let me go back to my bad ass voice. *clears throat* Jazz music, boudin, bimbos and booze is all I will know from January 11th -January 13th. If you need me, come see me! Or click here  or here  or hereOr call 504-827-6777. Please and thank you. Mom, I love you and… I’M OUT THIS PIECE!!!! Well not yet, I’m still at work. But Friday...


The lovely bride and her terrified bridesmaid! 


















6 comments:

  1. that last pic just made me LOL. please don't go to jail. but if you do i will bail you out. again. mwaaahahah....you and whit whit got a track record lil lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm DYING LAUGHING!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahahahah!!!!!

      Delete
    2. Julie and I were just talking about this! 'You have a collect call from *sobbing* "Graaaa-aaace"' Thanks for the reminder sis...the reminder that you are always there for me! So...do you still have a landline?

      Delete
    3. nope, but i hear that you can call collect to cell phones now! so don't worry you are good!

      Delete
  2. LOVE IT! and you so could of got a better pic of me! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. FLAMING DR. PEPPERS AT GOLD MINE! DO IT OR ELSE!!!!!!!! http://goldminesaloon.net/

    ReplyDelete