Quantcast

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

bohoBodies Dance Class - all good things are wild and free.


I started this class so that people can HAVE FUN while they exercise! Real fun, not fake fun. Fake fun would be me inviting people to a class where I would advertise the dancing as 'fun' and 'easy' when really it was super advanced choreography and left people to hate me and never return. That ain't me, babe. I like 'real fun', where people are at ease with themselves and can literally dance like nobody is watching. I used to hate that saying, 'Dance like nobody is watching.' Is that how twerking was born? Is that why people hump each other on the dance floor when they are drunk? When you're in a bar, just go ahead and dance like EVERYBODY is watching, because they probably are. In bohoBodies, we party in private. With draped windows and zero spectators, we are there to have fun, get sweaty and be silly. Put it this way, I like to laugh. A lot.

It all started in my living room. At night I would find myself stretching to relieve myself from the aches & pains that come from sitting in a desk all day. It's hard to sit on your ass for eight hours! I don't know why they call it a swivel chair! They should call it a stiff chair! At my old job, I would stand up to walk to the water cooler and be like, 'My neck...my back...' You know the rest. After my evening stretches to release my "swivel stress", I would do some strengthening --- lunges, mountain climbers, donkey kicks, push-ups, sit-ups --- to keep my muscles high n' tight. Once I started feeling good, I would come up with dance combinations that were simple, yet they continued to make me sweat. And they were silly.

The most important part of the class is that you leave with dance and fitness moves that you can do in your own living room or bedroom. The gym is great, but sometimes it's hard to cut out enough time to get there each day. It's nice to put on some workout clothes and get it done in the comfort of your own home.

Checkout the official class description and a very professional photo of yours truly HERE!

When: Every Tuesday at 8:30pm
Where: Dance from the Heart
                       3221 Houston Ave
                       Houston, TX 77009
                       info@dfth.org
                       832-304-DFTH (3384)

Register HERE!



In fitness, dance and fun we trust,
bohoGrace

*images from Pinterest and Brooke Schwab Photography 

1 comment:

  1. These pictures are awesome and I really enjoyed your post about dancing.

    ReplyDelete