Quantcast

Monday, March 31, 2014

Low Muscle Tone + Mo = More Prayers/Less Google

Two weeks ago at Mo's 18 month check-up his pediatrician threw us a pretty big curve ball.  He is not walking and I assumed that "all babies do things on their own and its no rush, blah blah blah."  Well guess what, at 18 months if your baby hasn't decided to walk on their own, shit gets real.  She told us that he displays the signs of having Low Muscle Tone (Sits in a "W", not walking, mouth always open, very flexible, tires easily).  He would need to see a physical therapist and then a neurologist at Texas Children's.  After she said the N word, I don't think I heard anything else.  Jason asked some good questions, I don't know what they were.  

I read something this weekend on a list of 50 Healthy Habits Every Girl Should Have.  Number 50 was NEVER let Google diagnose you.  The past two weeks I have failed at that miserably, and even worse I have been letting Google diagnose my son!!  My perfect, sweet, hilarious son.  Is something going on that might be keeping him from walking?  Possibly, but my gosh the state of funk I have allowed myself to be in because of the internet has been ridiculous.  I'm laying off the webMD and putting that focus into more prayers for Mo.  In two weeks he is already walking and standing more, it's like he just needed to be asked to do it (Or it could be the egg whites our nanny is rubbing on his legs everyday).  He is going to physical therapy twice a week and seems to really enjoy it.  He had a blood test done on Thursday, has an MRI scheduled for mid April and sees the Neurologist end of May.  It's all really scary and this nagging worry that it could be something causing this, or absolutely nothing and he just needs extra help to get moving along.  Either way, it's something that is on my mind 24/7 and its hard to write about anything else.  Any prayers and good vibes sent his way are appreciated.  And if anyone knows or has babies who were low muscle tone I am totally open to hearing about your experiences with diagnosis, treatment, etc.  Just no more generalized, scary websites for this lil momma.

Standing more than sitting lately. 

Working on balance at therapy.

Then some ab work.

Some more crunches….look at that determination.


And he’s out!!!  Resting for……



NEXT TIME!!!!



Love,
bohoSarah

9 comments:

  1. Been praying for sweet Mo, sis. PS, he does the Urban Cowboy look extremely well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been there done that with James.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what Renee was saying Uncle Freddy! I had no clue. The hurry and wait is the worst :/

      Delete
  3. Praying for my little grand son!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah,
    Jonathan and I pray every morning for all the babies in our family including those who are here and those who will be coming. Your little Mo is going to be fine. He just needs some "personal training". It looks like great fun. We will add an extra prayer especially for Mo. Be at peace!

    LU! aunt helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aunt Helen!! Love you and Jonathan so much!! He is loving and thriving in his personal training sessions, it's a blast to watch. I'm going to keep reminding myself to be at peace :)

      Delete
  5. Sarah,
    Jonathan and I pray every morning for all the babies in our family including those who are here and those who will be coming. Your little Mo is going to be fine. He just needs some "personal training". It looks like great fun. We will add an extra prayer especially for Mo. Be at peace!

    LU! aunt helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. George was like that too...he was about 15 months before he "toddled" a bit....and his speech was non existent at 2 years old. I feared speech therapy, etc...afterall his big Sis was doing ALL the talking!!! Well, he's a happy healthy 21 year old now...he's in live performance with theater, etc...his speech and diction are "spot on"... It's just a "mom thing"...we love those babies!!! Praise God for your precious son!
    Carol Ann

    ReplyDelete