Quantcast

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Back to work

I know everyone says it, but time flies.  Tomorrow my three month maternity leave is over, my second one in two years might I add.  And I thought this post would be all about going back to work and how much fulfillment I get from my work.  How I am going to try and balance two babies and a career, but all I can think about is how my sweet Mo is now three months old.  I feel like with my first baby I didn't know what to expect and I was always so eager for the next stage.  Now I just want everything to SLOW DOWN.  I now know how quickly they change in this first year.  In a few months he will be sitting up and then crawling and then walking.  And if he is like his big brother, falling asleep on my chest is about to be a thing of the past.  I love him so much, I could go on for days.  But instead I am going to go cuddle with him, all day long, on my last day of maternity leave. 








1 comment:

  1. Sarah, I can't even begin to tell you how fast time flies, but I would give anything to do it all over again. I would just slow the pace down next time. I went back to work three months after my first was born and after two months, I made the decision to put my career on hold. Three years later, I had my second and the pace just went full speed ahead. When my youngest turned 15, I reclaimed my career and have never regretted the decision I made. I was lucky that I had the option to stay at home and raise my children and still be able to step back into the legal industry without missing a beat. Sarah, I still see my adorable little toddler who always had a sweaty dirt ring around his neck when I look at my son, who is now a husband and father and stands 6'4! I still see the little toddler in a pink tutu when I look at my 28 year old daughter. And, sometimes, I cry. I swear, I'd do it all again in a heartbeat! All I can tell you is to embrace every milestone, every little hug, every sweet kiss you get from your boys. And, try to slow the pace down as much as you can now because once they start first grade, it just seems like the ride is on full speed ahead and the next thing you know, you are watching them pack up and leave home. Enjoy this evening with your boys and take a little extra time snuggling with them tonight before you tuck them in. You are such a beautiful woman and I've enjoyed watching you blossom as a young Mom and soon to be wife. Life just looks so good on you! Big love and hugs. ~R

    ReplyDelete