Quantcast

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Burn Baby Burn!

Holy heartburn and indigestion!!!!
I never had this with Driscoe so I'm probably being a huge baby, but whatever. I've been on the B.R.A.T. diet the past few days in an attempt to relieve this awful, miserable thing called indigestion, also known as a belly ache, and its the only thing that seems to be working. So basically I'm gonna eat bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast for the next 5 months. Oh joy.  Oh, and a bit of advice, tight pants do NOT help this situation. Tight pants when you are not pregnant? No big deal, you just gut through it, pun intended. However, when you are pregnant and you wear tight pants, the odds of you going completely ape shit because you are so uncomfortable are very high. In other words, I need maternity pants. I probably need a different diet too, which sucks because I'm obsessed with the crawfish from BB's Cafe, it is hands down the best in town, but it absolutely kills me.
But hey, I've got a baby that is kicking away in my belly, and these are just the many things that come with the territory of creating human life (amazing, right?!). The funny thing is, when he moves my stomach instantly feels better, it's so strange!
On another note, did you know you could download an app to listen to your baby's heartbeat?? I had no idea (thank you Robin!). I chose My Baby's Beat, there are quite a few apps, but this was the first one that popped up and the reviews were good. I was a little nervous to do this for fear I wouldn't find anything, so I made him move around first just to reassure myself. I only tried it a few times before I found that heartbeat just thumping away (Praise God!). I recorded it and listen to it everyday, but I admit I don't use the app as often as I thought I would, I guess because I feel him kicking so much? Regardless its nice to know I have the option versus waiting every four weeks.
Speaking of waiting, I haven't had an ultra sound since February! I finally get to see him tomorrow and I'm so excited! Now if they just had an app for that!
Ok, gonna go eat some bland food so I don't ruin the rest of my day! I'll leave you with a few pics of Driscoe putting stickers all over his feet, because where else would you put stickers? I love this child so much.




love, bohoHoolia

No comments:

Post a Comment