Quantcast

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Lil Heart-breaker


Yesterday I ran a quick errand to buy and deliver some baby food for my sweet Mama's boy, Driscoe. He and his nanny were at the library for story time so I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to surprise him with his favorite person, moi! I worried a little that he might get upset when I had to leave, but decided to go anyways. I laugh now as I type that because I could not have been more wrong. My little 'mama's boy' was feeling too cool for ol' mom! 
I mean really!? Already?? This is happening too soon, right? I seriously looked like THAT mom. The one who's nanny has a closer connection with their child than they do. Fortunately that is not the case, but it sure felt like it when he didn't even walk over to my leg and reach up for me to hold him like he usually does, & I swear he usually does! I get it though; there were cool tots everywhere, why would I expect anything more than a cheeky little grin?
 I say this half joking & half serious. Of course I'm happy he is not a stage 5 clinger that only wants his mother and no one else (lie), but I know one day I'll have to beg for hugs and kisses from him, so until then, while he is only 23 pounds and 30 something inches tall, I will continue to grab his little butt and force him to hug his mama! Which I did, and he wanted down, immediately. Sigh. 

My face walking back to the car:

No comments:

Post a Comment